Drive / Support / Identify / Advise / Facilitate / Connect / Stimulate / Confront points of view / Cooperate / Re-generate
The mission of Onda - French national office for artistic dissemination - is to encourage the dissemination of contemporary forms of performing arts throughout France.
To achieve its mission, Onda:
- Connects the community of performing arts professionals by organizing regular meetings. These meetings mainly involve programmers and facilitate the exchange around performances seen and issues related to changes in the sector;
- Identifies new artistic projects in all fields, in France and abroad, and is thus a resource for performing arts professionals;
- Provides financial support to French venues and festivals for the dissemination of shows produced in France or abroad, favoring shows shared between several venues and/or dissemination projects enabling teams of artists to have more extended touring opportunities;
- Fosters cooperation between French and international professionals by participating in the various international performing arts networks and events - Advises artists and companies on dissemination and programming venues and festivals on programming;
- Contributes to the transnational debate on changes in the sector, and new professional practices, by leading and participating in European cooperation projects and interacting with bodies and organizations in France and internationally;
- Produces and shares resources about performing arts dissemination (newsletters, recommendations on “must see” shows, studies, etc.).